The pollution around us has really increased. And the dilemma is that what we need badly is generally the main cause of pollution. This is really something which has tied our hands so that we cannot do anything to stop pollution. I would definitely question that can you dispose the ash deposit coming out from the thermal power plant without pollution? Can you dispose the smoke coming out of the cars and other vehicles? Definitely we cannot stop all this. There is another side also of this story. Now the coal and petroleum are about to be extinct. This compelled us to search for some non renewable resources. One of such non renewable recourses is the wind energy.
Wind energy has really come out to be one of the best environment friendly energy resources. And this is also the solution to all of the above problems as well. We can generate electricity with the help of wind energy and the boats in the sea and rivers too take the help of wind to move. The question now arises that how the wind powers work generally. I will explain it to you.
The wind power is generally harnessed via wind turbine. One of the easiest ways to understand how these wind turbine works is to think of a fan working in reverse. What I really mean is that the electricity moves the blade of the fan which in turn produces fast moving air in the room or more generally wind.
The wind turbine works as follows:
1. In the first step the wind turns the blades of the heavy fans which are transplanted in the open regions where the air moves at great speeds. There are many such regions in US. You can easily find such places. However I must tell you that this project is being handled by the government.
2. In the second step the blade spins the shaft of the wind mill.
3. The shaft is connected to the generator.
4. And as the shaft rotates the generator produces the electricity.
In this way we are able to generate the electricity. The electricity production as far as from the wind energy is concerned is quiet high in US. Canada and Australia are some of the other main countries.
However it is too important understand the turbine. There are two major types of wind turbines. They are as follows:
1. Horizontal axis wind turbines.
2. Vertical axis wind turbines.
The size of the wind turbine influences the power being generated by it. Generally the smaller wind mills generate the electricity power of around 50 kilowatts.Up till now you must have got an idea and in fact it is really the truth that the wind power can really be a great asset in the coming future.
Learn more about homemade wind turbine. Read about How does wind power work